Saturday 15 June 2024

I'm backkk

 It's nothing exciting really. I just feel like writing after a while. Life has been busy for some time but then it passed and now I'm left with little to nothing to do. So I resort to writing again. Originally I want to write stories but no scenes came to mind..

Wait, maybe I can just proceed with the story that was conjured up by my mind while I was sleeping..

I actually have a lot to do but you know me..


It was a weird request from my superior.

"Hey, Sora, are you free this Saturday?"

I was hesitating to answer as it was my day off. I dont wanna work on that day.

"yeah, somewhat. why?"

"Can you help me? My daughter actually. She's young and wanted to join a marathon but she's too shy to do it alone. We can't accompany her that day so can you help me and accompany her on that day?"

usually I would never agree but because this kind hearted superior has asked me so nicely, I feel like helping. I have nothing to do on that day anyway. Better keep myself busy or I'll be reminded of him again. Anything but him.

"Okay, i'll do it"

And so that's how I end up here, under this hot scorching sun, surrounded by people I dont know, searching for an unfamiliar face. I guess i'll just wait here. My superior said his daughter's name is sunny.

15 minutes passed by and this sunny hasnt appeared, The marathon is about to start. guess i'll just go and register our names first. 

So I walked up to the registration booth and the staff asked for our names, so I said " Sora and Sunny"

When I heard a male voice behind me saying " Sunny won't be coming, write my name instead, it's Sunjae"

And I whipped my head to see who it was, but who was I expecting, of course it's an unfamiliar face.I crooked my eyebrow, signaling my confusion at how this guy knew Sunny and the weirdest of all, how did he know me.

"I'm Sunny's brother Sunjae. sunny wont be coming today, she got cold feet,."

" oh, okay."

She understood. " so you're going to join the marathon?we dont have to do this if you dont want to,  Sunny was the reason I joined this after all."

" Let's just do it till the end. It's a waste of registration money."

Sunjae then left to run first, leaving her behind.

" we can just ask for a refund though." she said to quietly, knowing Sunjae wasnt listening to her already. She pursed her lips, resigning to fate and started running, although a bit lazily.

it was about 3 km and the path was getting a bit steeper. Sora felt like dying. 

'The uphill battle aint for me' she thought, She saw Sunjae;s back ahead of her, his movement quite steady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment