Monday 9 August 2021

The Crystal Palace of Dreams




This is a screenshot from my all-time favorite love story. Till today, I never looked at this page and not cry. The title is "Emma Bangaihen" or the translation is "Emma : further tales". The main story is "Emma" but I got bored reading about the main couple and accidentally read this one and fell in love with this 2 chapters.

So hi, actually I wanted to edit some photos to be printed so I can paste it in my bedroom wall but it's already nearing the end of the year and I will have to change room soon so I figured it's a waste of energy. And so, I decided to just paste it in my blog instead weheyy.

Okay, the reason I like this certain love story is because...I'm not really sure. I never really thought about it. I just have an innate affinity towards this certain story and the certain character. 

And of course I want to praise the author I love these 2 chapters so much. Well, actually I haven't read the whole story but these 2 chapters don't need you to understand the main story anyway. Because it's the story of a side character.

The first reason I like this story is because the couple is married!!! lol. Maybe it's because I don't like uncertainties. There are a lot of beautiful love stories that features our unmarried couples but I seriously can't relate to it. I just don't understand why do you have to devote so much of your heart to someone who's not your family. Maybe because I myself never had a boyfriend. But I used to have a crush and I did feel like the world was gonna crumble down on me if he rejected me (and he did reject me. indirectly. because I never confessed) but I always have these barrier. I even rank the people in my life according to their positions. For example if they're my family I have to prioritize them more than my friends yada yada. It makes decision making easier and you can think clearly on whose feelings you should disregard and whose feelings you should sacrifice yours for. 
Because, don't you think in this life, we are always going to hurt people? We just have to choose who is it that we're gonna hurt less because they don't give a frick about us in the first place. Or is my thinking wrong?

Okay, cue the second reason! It's because I like the male main character. I like how he's so naive and honest with his feelings and just wanted to make his wife happy. He is my ideal character. He is naive but he is not delusional. He knows what he's got to do to achieve his dreams and he did it so earnestly. And he is handsome yes of course. But actually, my definition of handsome is being healthy. So if you are healthy then you are handsome to me.

Next reason is the ending of course. It gives impact because it is a sad ending and a lot of emotions come with tears you know. It leaves you wanting more because you are so used to a happy ending. A sad ending doesn't feel like an ending.
And through this story I understood why couples go on dates lol. You want to have fun together in a new place so you can get out of the routine of daily life. Kinda like adding some spice to your boring life. But it's special because you're cooking with your significant other.
Though him wanting to go to that place is because he wanted his wife to have fun. He's probably grateful for his wife for staying with him through thick and thins and which is why the moment he saw the ad he immediately thought of bringing his wife there.

You see, even though I look careless in choosing who I like, I actually have a great intuition in choosing people. I don't need people to tell me that they are kind. I don't need them to say romantic words to know they love their partner. I just need to see their actions. Cliche, I know. But it is cliche because it happens in real life and it happens a lot.
I don't trust a person's words easily. I look at their actions. And maybe they will explain themselves later, and the one that I actually trust is why I think they do what they do and say what they say. I trust my experience. I trust my own feelings. What I feel myself. I use empathy to judge people. And until today, let me just say, I haven't made a wrong choice yet. Maybe it's cause I was never put in a place to judge people yet so I'm not really sure myself. But I trust my intuition.

And people aren't really that different from fictional characters. I hope. Cause if they are different then I will have to start life from zero again.

I'm not going to let my anxiety take over my body and let me lose my intuition. Frick off, anxiety.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment